About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Warmest Winter Wishes

Morning guys! :)

It's time for a new challenge over at Passion for ProMarkers.

This week we wanna see your feminine makes! 

MAKE IT FEMININE

I wanted to go against the grain a little, so I opted out of pink and frilly. Instead I went with blue and texture. I hear ya, I hear ya! ..but I took some inspiration from a gorgeous photo I came across while scouring Pinterest! 

Glamorous Hollywood style tufted headboard against floral and branch wall covering.
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/474918723177846146/

I loved the colours and the texture in this photo. So I used this as my starting point to create this card. I wanted to create a winter card, so I used the gorgeous Super Cute Hat from Time for Tea Designs.

I really wanted to practice my hair, as I feel like I've let it slip after concentrating on folds and creases for so long, so this was the perfect image for that. This took me almost three hours to colour up - good job I wasn't in a race.


I added an embossed panel to a kraft mat before layering a doily and my image on top. I then added a strip of snowflake paper from LOTV and edged it with some loopy trim. I then dug out some die cut vellum snowflakes and attached them by stitching white buttons over the top.

I added my sentiment from Amy R Stamps before looping some white cord around and around and tucking it under the image panel. I adhered it with glue dots and kept fiddling until I like how it looks. I really like how that turned out - I'm glad I've now found a use for all the colours of cord I seem to have sitting in my stash that go unloved! 

To finish the card off I added a sprinkling of Doodlebug sequins here and there to match the doily which I also sprayed silver with my Fireworks (although you can't really tell from the photo, it's super shiny IRL).

That was that! I hope I've inspired you to think a little more outside the box with this challenge. 

Be sure to stop by the Passion for ProMarkers blog to see what other amazing girls have come up with! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews