About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Monday 15 September 2014

3D it LARGE!

Monday, Monday! This is my last week at work before my last week off for the year! I do suffer such a hard life! LOL!! 

I'm back with you all to share another commission with you all.

This card pushed me outside my comfort zone just a teeny weeny bit! I decided I would try and 3D the image! The photos are crap (as a result of my poooor photography skills), and it doesn't really manage to show how much dimension I managed to achieve with some fussy cutting, paper curling and a ton of silicone glue.


I used papers from My Minds Eye - bright and colourful was order of the day - I added a whole bunch of orange and pink goodness.

This design is *hopefully* going to live in a shadow box, so I made sure to really layer all of the elements up. For example, I created a double bow, added a ticket and then the age on top of the knot. I tucked in a bunch of paper flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts to the little gaps after I had stitched a few buttons to the design here and there.

I love these kinda cards, with everything going on for a few reasons. 1. I get to spend loads of time faffing (my favourite bit) 2. I get to use up a tonne of stash (which I am slowly getting better at) and 3. I *hope* it sets my cards aside from the rest, from the embellishments I choose to how I lay them out on the card.


This is definitely something I'd like to try again. It's a lot more time consuming, and for a girl who takes a good few hours to just colour a standard flat image, that's a tall order - but I love how it turned out! 

I'd love to enter this card into these challenges:
- Crafting at the Weekend - Anything Goes
- Alphabet Challenge - P for Pretty Petals
- Wags 'n Whiskers - For the Girls
Kenny K - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by. xo

1 comment:

  1. so stunning lou.i love the sassy image and the bright colour combo is fabulous ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews