About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 26 August 2014

First Day

Hey guys! :) Some Tiddly Inks goodness for ya today. This is the adorable Wryn, sitting a top a pile of books.

One of my lovely regulars wanted a card to give to her little girl for her first day of school and this image was perfect. She also requested butterflies and books and a whole load of pink. Here's what I came up with.


I used some papers from My Minds Eye, some cardstock from Hero Arts and Bazzill and went to work decorating the card front. 

I used some Lawn Fawn alphas to create the custom sentiment. I stamped and embossed the sentiment in Rose Bud ink onto some more of the My Minds Eye patterned paper. 

I cut some butterflies on my Cameo and added some Distress Inks in matching colours to create a watercolour look to them. I then added them around the card, including one on top of the knot with a button threaded through.

As for the rest of the card I added my usual buttons and liquid pearls as well as raiding my stash of Wild Orchid Craft flowers (which have sat neglected for a while). 

For a girl who doesn't really like pink, I always love the cards I make using the colour! LOL! Thanks for stopping by guys. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews